Monday, November 2, 2009

TU Freshman Year

I can still remember the beginning of the year basketball team meeting on move in day of my freshman year. I was so excited, one because I was finally in college and two not only was I getting the chance to play college level basketball but to also make a statement. I came in knowing most of the girls because I came up to San Antonio the summer before my freshman year to help out with a basketball camp. I quickly fit in and from there on out had a blast.
Basketball practice finally started up on October 15 and I couldn't wait to get out on the floor and show what I had to bring to the team. One of my favorite things to do is pass the ball to the post player down low. This was a perfect opportunity for me because I had a post who was an All-American and she took care of business down low in the paint. One of my other favorite things to do is to shoot the three point shot. It has been my specialty since I can remember and it was definitely what I was known for. Now that I was in college though other teams didn't know that I was a three point shooter so they didn't even see it coming.
In the opening game last year I had eleven assists. I don't know how well you may know the game of basketball but that isn't something that is accomplished every game. I broke two different records my freshman year hear at Trinity University. Another teammate and I broke the assists record of being the only two players in TU women's basketball history to both have at least 100 assists in a season. I ended the year with 108 where as my teammate ended the year with 133. The other record I broke/set was just by me. I hold the record for most three pointers made in one season with a total of 57 whereas the previous record holder only had 42.
As you can see my freshman year here at Trinity was pretty successful. I only hope that my hard work will pay off this year as well and not only in the record breaking column but as well as winning a national championship. So come out and support the Trinity University Women's Basketball Team!

1 comment:

cjmac said...

Congratulations! I love to watch basketball...I cannot dribble and forget shooting business! Good Luck with your very obvious passion.