Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Season Opener


As I sit back and read through my last posts I think about all the things that I have done this first semester. All of the things that will play a part in our first game, season opener, this year. All the practices and repetition that has gone in to preparing for this moment. All the 7AM morning workouts with the team before practice started along with the 6:30AM practices. All the different drills that we do during practice and my intensity level during those drills. All the late nights that I have had to stay up to get homework done because basketball has begun to run my life. Then I stop, and think to myself, how it has all been worth it! The first game of the season is always my favorite game. First off, it will give me a better idea of what myself and we as a team need to improve on. Second off, we usually have a lot of fans because they haven't figured out that the guys aren't playing. And lastly, I am back out on the court, where I love to be, playing against 5 other people who I have most likely never seen or met before. The adrenalin rush that goes through my body is an indescribable feeling.
Everyone should get the chance to be an athlete and be a part of a team. The things you learn and go through not only can be an amazing feeling but can also help you in life later on down the road. The people you meet, the places you go, the lessons you learn, and the games you play in all help to build you as a person. And if you are on a team with a well-rounded coach who has good values, you are more than likely to excel not only on the floor but in life as well.

COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE TRINITY WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20TH AND SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21ST!

No comments: